There are 3 parts to the Outreach Ministry at St Philip's. We distribute funds to International, National and Local charities that are caring for the disadvantaged, the sick and the homeless.
In 2017 our focus will be on:
- KIDS International - a charity working to provide education to children in Cambodia & Thailand
- Compassionate Warehouse - a charity that collects items such as bicycles, clothing, and school supplies, and ships them to all corners of the world.
- Primate's World Relief & Development Fund - an arm of the Anglican Church that provides disaster relief, support to third world development, and assisting the disadvantaged to improve their future.
- The Anglican Foundation - a component of the Anglican Church that assists parishes in the North, and other Anglican communities to build better communities.
- Giving with Grace - a mission of the Anglican Church funding healing projects in Canada's indigenous communities.
- Christmas Hampers - a program in Nanaimo that supplies Christmas Hampers every year to approximately 8000 persons in the community
- Lunch Munch Program - a summer lunch program for children
- Loaves & Fishes Community Food Bank - the sole food bank in the community, that provides food to more that 5000 families in the Nanaimo area.